Currently reading:
Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled??

Discuss Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waggy

Hi Guys
Ive not been on for a while! But have a problem with a job a job that I have started today. The customer took the existing tiles up of the asphalt floor, and about 1 1/2 SQ M of the asphalt has come up with the tiles. The asphalt is on top of a concrete screed which is perfectly solid and dry. I was thinking of leveling over the floor in that area to get it level. But I have been worried about the floor failing because where I do the leveling will be solid, and as you know the asphalt will be hollow which will create vibration when walked on. |Can anyone help and advise, as i was thinking of decoupling membrane or fibre reinforced leveler, to go over it all.:mad2:

Reply to Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.