Search the forum,

Discuss Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waggy

Hi Guys
Ive not been on for a while! But have a problem with a job a job that I have started today. The customer took the existing tiles up of the asphalt floor, and about 1 1/2 SQ M of the asphalt has come up with the tiles. The asphalt is on top of a concrete screed which is perfectly solid and dry. I was thinking of leveling over the floor in that area to get it level. But I have been worried about the floor failing because where I do the leveling will be solid, and as you know the asphalt will be hollow which will create vibration when walked on. |Can anyone help and advise, as i was thinking of decoupling membrane or fibre reinforced leveler, to go over it all.:mad2:

W

White Room

If some has allready come up and as you state sounding hollow..........

Take it up to save any problems later

D

Daz

Surely your issue is the same as blown plaster on a wall and you wouldn't tile on that would you?

Get rid of all loose areas before making good :thumbsup:, IMO.

Reply to Broken up asphalt floor to be tiled?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen