Search the forum,

Discuss Bathrooms Wall Way out. Advice Please !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Hiya

Started a job yesterday, freind of the misses. She wanted brick work with a border, not a problem so staretd on the wall where the bath was. soon as i get started on the window wall where the toilet and sink is it all went to pot...

The walls are out much more than i orginally thought, not only is the old plaster out but also the brick work is out aswell and the tiles are only small and thin and its gonna look bad if i stared packing them out. :mad2:

I told the customer that when the plumber comes tonight to take the radiator off that he also moves either the taps on the bath or the bath itself about half an inch so that i can get the plasterboard and tile behind the tap.

Only thing is im gonna dot and dab it and never done it before, cant see it being hard. :huh2:

only thing i need to know is what materials and tools i need to do the dot and dab correctly and also how long it takes to dry.

Do i need to prime the plasterboard before tiling onto it

Any advice about anything ive said would be a great help. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers Guys

G

grumpygrouter

Tysfoot mate, you should have checked out the walls before you started so you could have done any remedials necessary. Also don't think a plumber can "just shift the bath 1/2 inch" as they are actually fixed in place. He may need to move the plumbing to accommodate this.

You would only really need to prime plasterboard if you are using cement based addy, but some people prime plasterbaord as a matter of course

Grumpy

Reply to Bathrooms Wall Way out. Advice Please !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen