Discuss Bal white star used in error on floor! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceesjm1

I have just discovered I have used Bal white star on the floor by mistake! The floor consists of 18mm WBP plywood secured every 200mm between centres on top of floor boards. The plywood was also primed with bal sbr. The tiles are 151 x 151mm Victorian tiles.

Have just about finished the floor tiling and was not due to grout till end of the week. The big question is can I get away with the white star or will it all need to come up. I'd rather lift them now than do it with all the bathroom furniture installed........can't believe I got myself in this situation!!!!

Any help greatly appreciated

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's not really worth the risk hoping you'll get away with it. Shouldn't be too hard to lift tiles now without causing damage and relay using correct gear.
Did you prime the reverse and edges of the ply or the face?

dptiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
reguardless of how well fixed , primed ply , or anything else . its a massive no no .

Last edited:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
They'll come up as easy as you laid them i reakon. Blade scraper and a wet sponge to remove any adhesive.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They should be ok to remove but my query is how can you mistakenly use an adhesive for a whole floor.....surely you knew after the first bucket was opened?? Or do you mean yo did not know it was not the right gear??

D

DHTiling

By mistake.. oh ffs where oh where!!!! do you guys come from ...
reaction.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
G

garybadger

Who told you that you can use tubbed adhesive on a floor in the 1st place and how can you lay the whole floor before realising this mistake?
Absolutely crazy.

Reply to Bal white star used in error on floor! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22