Discuss 1 time use tile cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guy's go easy in a newbie here 1st post I live in a council house and have decided to lay tiles 9mm ceramic in the kitchen as I will be wasting my time and money on a council property I still would like it to be tidy. This is a one time job only so I have to buy a cutter at least 600mm long I've seen a couple of cheap ones vitrex and josokit after the job is done it will be left to die in the shed so will this be OK for a one off job or is there something better for around the same money as those 2 Screenshot_20200403_173050_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200403_173015_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reaction score
Hi guy's go easy in a newbie here 1st post I live in a council house and have decided to lay tiles 9mm ceramic in the kitchen as I will be wasting my time and money on a council property I still would like it to be tidy. This is a one time job only so I have to buy a cutter at least 600mm long I've seen a couple of cheap ones vitrex and josokit after the job is done it will be left to die in the shed so will this be OK for a one off job or is there something better for around the same money as those 2 View attachment 112375 View attachment 112376
Hi bud,
Never used those brands (and doubt anyone else on here will have). If they are ceramic tiles then they will probably be okay, but if porcelain then definitely NOT.

Alternatively, get a cheap angle grinder and a suitable disc such as these:
https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/tile-diamond-tile-blade-85-x-15mm/868gx

If you have any awkward shapes to cut then you would need a grinder (or wetsaw) anyway.

Plus, you might get some use out of it for other future (non-tiling) jobs.

If you already own a grinder then just get the disc for a fiver = money saved.

If the tiles turn out to be porcelain then get a diamond blade specifically for porcelain (much, much harder material than ceramic), or rent a professional quality dry cutter (Sigma or Ruby).

Good luck with the job, all the best,

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
See if you can pick up a second hand Rubi ts60 usually loads on gumtree or eBay, you could sell it on again afterwards for the same.
Although collecting might be a bit of a problem at the moment.

Reply to 1 time use tile cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks