Search the forum,

Discuss What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been out the game for a while just started back the last couple of months if 50 a mtr is cheap I'm under pricing....
It depends what it is I guess a wet room floor then I agree a 600x300 conservatory floor then I'll be happy with £50 a meter £600 a day is ok by me
Gee whizz i was being sarcastic ,, if thats what you guys get in the mainland im moving over there cause in norn ireland tilers are on £15 to £20 mt and its bloody expensive to live over here and you have to be the best in the game to get work because nearly every tom dick and Harry is a tradesman cause theres fxxk all else work over here

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I now feel a bit pissed off what I have to work for,.
My mate was a tiler in new York for 25 years and come home in 1997 he earned 200 dollars a day back then,, he went back last summer for a small contract and they where paying 800 a day.
When he came back ireland in 1997 we where getting £10 a yard and now were getting £15 mt,. What a joke!!!

B

Blunt Tool

0FDC23A4-0031-405E-9D42-8FECE87DFA6F.gif

T

Time's Ran Out

Even in the South East the money for established tilers isn’t those rates on an ongoing basis.
Priced a swimming pool company a month ago and they were paying half available in the North-East.

B

Blunt Tool

Seems like it,,,, any wonder you guys find so much time to spend on here.
Bet yous take a two hour lunch break
I would take that prices with a pinch of salt, Aberdeen was a good place to ply our trade until the offshore industry bubble burst. I keep my prices competitive which in turn keeps me getting returning customers.

Reaction score
I was just trying to say it's swings and roundabouts you have good days and not so good days I personally was earning more 15 years ago which is partly to do with that tiling was easier then I'd do a fully tilled bathroom walls and floor in 2 days now with tanking ,1 mm joints, porcelain tiles,large format tiles ,fast setting coloured grouts I just can't lay the same amount as I did or earn the same amount

D

Dumbo

Different tiles different rates . Different different rates .
I price floors different to walls .
I price kitchen walls different to bathroom walls.
I price 600x600 different to 250x300 .
Wet room floors different to normal floors . It's all horses for courses

Reply to What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen