Discuss What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 51092

Sorry if it's taboo to ask this.
I'm currently working as a structural engineer and feeling like a change. I think I would be a good tiler but it would need it to pay.

So.... what can a tiler expect to earn in an average year.

O

One Day

You can earn whatever you're worth.
Fair enough; "tiling" might have a supposed rate, but if you set yourself apart from others, in quality, attitude, abilities etc, then you can set yourself apart in the earnings too.

Remember that people should pay for your value - not your time.

Reaction score
There's so many different levels of tiling and pay a highly skilled can earn well but it's mainly about contacts , if you're working for a firm on sites doing half tiled bathrooms or kitchen splashbacks you aren't going to earn much for your efforts especially at first before you get your speed up take a kitchen splashback 3 mtrs £25 a mtrs that's not great .but on the other hand go direct to the customer and get a nice 30 mtr floor @£50 a mtr you'r looking at nice weeks wage .

demi34

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You going to earn lots of money my friend. You not even started and thinking already about money.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There's so many different levels of tiling and pay a highly skilled can earn well but it's mainly about contacts , if you're working for a firm on sites doing half tiled bathrooms or kitchen splashbacks you aren't going to earn much for your efforts especially at first before you get your speed up take a kitchen splashback 3 mtrs £25 a mtrs that's not great .but on the other hand go direct to the customer and get a nice 30 mtr floor @£50 a mtr you'r looking at nice weeks wage .
£50 a mt that's cheap

Reaction score
£50 a mt that's cheap

I've been out the game for a while just started back the last couple of months if 50 a mtr is cheap I'm under pricing....
It depends what it is I guess a wet room floor then I agree a 600x300 conservatory floor then I'll be happy with £50 a meter £600 a day is ok by me

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been out the game for a while just started back the last couple of months if 50 a mtr is cheap I'm under pricing....
It depends what it is I guess a wet room floor then I agree a 600x300 conservatory floor then I'll be happy with £50 a meter £600 a day is ok by me
Gee whizz i was being sarcastic ,, if thats what you guys get in the mainland im moving over there cause in norn ireland tilers are on £15 to £20 mt and its bloody expensive to live over here and you have to be the best in the game to get work because nearly every tom dick and Harry is a tradesman cause theres fxxk all else work over here

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I now feel a bit pissed off what I have to work for,.
My mate was a tiler in new York for 25 years and come home in 1997 he earned 200 dollars a day back then,, he went back last summer for a small contract and they where paying 800 a day.
When he came back ireland in 1997 we where getting £10 a yard and now were getting £15 mt,. What a joke!!!

B

Blunt Tool

0FDC23A4-0031-405E-9D42-8FECE87DFA6F.gif

T

Time's Ran Out

Even in the South East the money for established tilers isn’t those rates on an ongoing basis.
Priced a swimming pool company a month ago and they were paying half available in the North-East.

Reply to What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks