Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with that, i had a heart attack three weeks ago had an angiogram with no blockages, im 42 go to the gym and eat healthy.
The cardiology consultant ask me what i did and when i explained i was working 15 hours a day and fitting in the gym he smirked and said "son if i had a pound for everytime a trade said that" the heart cant cope with stress

Hope you are ok now, I doubt it’s the gym what’s stressing you out though, it’s the 15hours a day , that’s absolutely madness , and I don’t mean madness as in ‘suggs’;)

OP
M

MTiler

Absolutely agree with that, i had a heart attack three weeks ago had an angiogram with no blockages, im 42 go to the gym and eat healthy.
The cardiology consultant ask me what i did and when i explained i was working 15 hours a day and fitting in the gym he smirked and said "son if i had a pound for everytime a trade said that" the heart cant cope with stress
Life is too short to work those hours, after all its only tile in the scheme of things. Hope youre all sorted.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
, @Tim Moreton are you still here, its been nearly a year , so what are your earnings this year so far ?
im trying to liven the place up, and a good pricing thread is the only way ;)
@Tim Moreton you have disagreed , please elaborate, what would you say a tradesman earns , im in northwest England ,ive Been in the building trade for over 3 decades.
I know a handful of tradesmen who earn really good money , the rest I know, earn a wage. Then the internet appears and the idiots come out and take about their £600 a day and 60/70 quid a meter:)
I believe some will get this on the odd job, hell I earned £2000 the other week on a big floor, but that’s not every week , it’s a one off , in a few weeks I may only earn £100 a week, as I’m a bit dry and have to sell my body ,
So with you disagreeing , how much do you earn , and prove it, bank statement or the like.
Thanks

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry if it's taboo to ask this.
I'm currently working as a structural engineer and feeling like a change. I think I would be a good tiler but it would need it to pay.

So.... what can a tiler expect to earn in an average year.
First thing is to keep your job, don't run off into the sunset with a woolly jumper on. There is a shortage of good tradesmen but the quality that is required from clients takes a long time to develop, so my advise is to do tile as a part time job until you get to a stage that your happy to leave your existing job

Reply to What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock