Discuss What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

HEAVEN is where:
The police are British
The chefs Italian
The mechanics are German
The lovers are French
and it's all organised by the Swiss

HELL is where:
The police are German
The chefs are British
The mechanics are French
The lovers are Swiss
and it's all organised by the Italians!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I easily earn £600 a day, easily , and I charge out at around £60/70m2 .........
That is on the internet where pigs fly and men talk s hite...............in reality you will earn anywhere between £25 grand to £50 grand , not many one man bands on much more than that, unless they live in the internet world .

D

Deleted member 51092

How old are you Chris? why do you fancy a change, it sounds like you are well paid?

Too much stress for the reward being a structural engineer. I enjoy tiling, just done 70m2 of tiling at home and feel it could be my calling!

I

Italy

HEAVEN is where:
The police are British
The chefs Italian
The mechanics are German
The lovers are French
and it's all organised by the Swiss

HELL is where:
The police are German
The chefs are British
The mechanics are French
The lovers are Swiss
and it's all organised by the Italians!!
I am sorry to always see the undervalued Italians. it's a shame ... because on this forum, many people would have another job without the Italians. :) Ahah

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
@Tim Moreton you have disagreed , please elaborate, what would you say a tradesman earns , im in northwest England ,ive Been in the building trade for over 3 decades.
I know a handful of tradesmen who earn really good money , the rest I know, earn a wage. Then the internet appears and the idiots come out and take about their £600 a day and 60/70 quid a meter:)
I believe some will get this on the odd job, hell I earned £2000 the other week on a big floor, but that’s not every week , it’s a one off , in a few weeks I may only earn £100 a week, as I’m a bit dry and have to sell my body ,
So with you disagreeing , how much do you earn , and prove it, bank statement or the like.
Thanks

D

Dumbo

@Tim Moreton you have disagreed , please elaborate, what would you say a tradesman earns , im in northwest England ,ive Been in the building trade for over 3 decades.
I know a handful of tradesmen who earn really good money , the rest I know, earn a wage. Then the internet appears and the idiots come out and take about their £600 a day and 60/70 quid a meter:)
I believe some will get this on the odd job, hell I earned £2000 the other week on a big floor, but that’s not every week , it’s a one off , in a few weeks I may only earn £100 a week, as I’m a bit dry and have to sell my body ,
So with you disagreeing , how much do you earn , and prove it, bank statement or the like.
Thanks
He might be disagreeing because he earns 12k a year .

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I don’t see the point of taking yourself into the higher tax rate even if there was the ability to earn it, basically working 2 days for nothing.

T

Time's Ran Out

What happened to not discussing prices in the open forum...??

Has that rule been changed now...?

Not that I’am aware of but I thought this was just a fantasy thread and short of members showing their members there is not a lot of specifics to edit!!

D

Dumbo

Not that I’am aware of but I thought this was just a fantasy thread and short of members showing their members there is not a lot of specifics to edit!!
Are you saying you don't think I earn a million pounds . What's you're email I will send you my online bank access passwords and codes so you can See for yourself .

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Being a self employed Tradesperson is stressful
Absolutely agree with that, i had a heart attack three weeks ago had an angiogram with no blockages, im 42 go to the gym and eat healthy.
The cardiology consultant ask me what i did and when i explained i was working 15 hours a day and fitting in the gym he smirked and said "son if i had a pound for everytime a trade said that" the heart cant cope with stress

W

WetSaw

Absolutely agree with that, i had a heart attack three weeks ago had an angiogram with no blockages, im 42 go to the gym and eat healthy.
The cardiology consultant ask me what i did and when i explained i was working 15 hours a day and fitting in the gym he smirked and said "son if i had a pound for everytime a trade said that" the heart cant cope with stress

Bloody gyms are dangerous places. I'm glad I work for a living so don't have to go to one. ;)

Reply to What will I earn as a tiler in Surrey? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks