Discuss what should i do about the price if the job takes less time than i thought in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

If you've delivered a great job, done properly and the customer is happy with it, then don't reduce your final price. Be happy that you've made a decent profit.
Believe me, in this game there are plenty of long, drawn out, painful jobs where you'll deserve much more than you've quoted for or indeed you'll get!
Swings and roundabouts...

D

Dumbo

I do agree with most comments on here . But if the job takes significantly less time than you allowed for and you have something else to go to ie half a day instead of a whole day and you have another job you can go to and still earn the rest of your days money . I would not have a problem charging them half a day particularly when trying to develop your business . They are then going to tell their friends how reasonable you were and you actually charged less than you quoted.

I'm still pretty new to this but if you're anything like me youll probably find that you will under quote your your first few jobs and they'll take longer than expected- It must have taken me a good 5 or 6 before I got my quotes about right (maybe I'm a slow learner).
I always keep to my quotes - sometimes they take less or more time but if the jobs good and the price doesn't go up then I can't see you getting any complaints - Good luck

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what should i do about the price if the job takes less time than i thought in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB