Search the forum,

Discuss unexpected subfloor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Macross001

Hello I work for a hotel, the hotel bathrooms were made offsite and transported onto site and then dropped into place. one of my co workers decides to rip up several tiles. they are 18X18 ceramic. he then leaves it to me to clean up his mess. upon inspecting the unit I noticed the sub floor is made out of a layer of fiberglass then plastic honey comb followed by another layer of fiberglass. my guess is a type of sound barrier? anyway, I had to replace part of the sub floor with pressure treated fence board (yes I know but a hotel is too cheap to buy the right materials)... unfortunately all that I could find to adhere the tiles is AcrylPro. im thinking in my head that using AcrylPro is a major mistake, but even if I had thin set does it bond to a fiberglass subfloor? will it bond to a fiberglass/pressure treated mix? maybe AcrylPro is a decent choice because the fiberglass subfloor does have a slight give and as it looks like that was used in the construction of the bathroom in the first place. my concern now is will my partner grout it before this AcrylPro crap has sufficient time to set ive read quite a long time. if I have tiling jobs in the future what would you do?

Reply to unexpected subfloor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen