Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on water resistant chipboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Ok thanks, brilliant advise, i really appreciate the help on here. The customer looked annoyed when i told her about the floor and kept asking how much. They are already recycling the radiator and taps that i have removed for cash, and keep saying thry dont want to overspend !!! Sometimes i wonder about folk.

Reaction score
Brolliant advice, thanks very much.
1 more question, will the existing 18mm chipboard be strong enough if I use this anti fracture matting. The floor tiles are ceramic, 9mm thick and about 300mm square ?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I had to remove the plywood as floor was too high, or would have been. This was cemented and screwed to the chipboard and was a lot of fun to remove !!!!

It's only you said the 9mm ply was cemented and screwed.
Have you managed to clean up the floor ok then?

The quickmat decouplers need a flat clean surface before fitting.
I still think you need to overboard the chipboard. Which raises you 6mm plus addy. I'm struggling to see how there is a concern over a big step up from the carpet. Underlay and carpet is what? 12mm.
So overboarding with a backer, addy, plus tile would create a step, worse case 8mm?

Reply to Tiling on water resistant chipboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen