Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling on two different materials on one wall in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

potatoman

Hi, I have a wall half covered with plaster which has been painted,the other half has been cement renderd, with PVA added to the water of the rendering mix ,I am going to use large tiles .What is the best way to fix my tiles so they stay up

I

Ian

Scrape or sand the paint off, if the cement render is solid then use a cement based powdered adhesive for your tiling (don't forget to prime with an acrylic primer, not PVA). Personally I would also make sure my adhesive was flexible.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
At a guess, without knowing all the details of the tiles, I'm going to say that they're to heavy for the plastered wall, even after the paint is removed, can you over board the walls ? Or strip them back to start afresh, you really need to address the problem of weight issues first.

Reply to Tiling on two different materials on one wall in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks