Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on floor grade mastic asphalt in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm about to tile an area 2m X 10m in a kitchen area. The floor is covered with floor grade building mastic, hard, black, around 20mm thick.

I'm planning on using a decoupling mat after cleaning and using Sbr on the asphalt.

Part of the bitumen is uneven, to about 1cm over the 2m width. I'm not sure if, before applying the matting I should:

1. Attempt to reduce the uneven section. I'm not sure if it is safe either.
2. Can levelling compound be used over bitumen? I'm wary of using different substrates.

Any advice would be welcome.

Reply to Tiling on floor grade mastic asphalt in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen