Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles falling off in shower enclosure in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Pras

-
Reaction score
Hi, a few tiles keep falling off in the shower enclosure.

Any tips on the best material to use to replace the plaster. Pink area in the middle.

Thinking sand and cement (4/1 parts) or aquapanel piece screwed in.

thanks,

pras

DF31726A-D553-44FE-A2EF-595B5B288AFD.jpeg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, a few tiles keep falling off in the shower enclosure.

Any tips on the best material to use to replace the plaster. Pink area in the middle.

Thinking sand and cement (4/1 parts) or aquapanel piece screwed in.

thanks,

pras

View attachment 113257
That’s knackered tbh , even got black mould growing, been a lot of water ingress.
A quick patch up won’t solve it for the long term.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Unfortunately looks like water ingress..I would always advise against those kind of Tiles for use in a shower area as it’s very hard to make them water tight with such a tight joint which I suspect is where the main issue would be
I’m afraid Tiles off and re-tile is the only solution ..“.Impo”
GW

Reply to Tiles falling off in shower enclosure in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen