Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking paint thickness in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Petrol22

After reading about tanking on this forum I decided to do this prior to fitting tiles above my shower bath. Got a kit by Dunlop from Screwfix which seemed OK. However, when I read instructions it was only enough to cover 1m above top of shower tray (assuming you are doing 3 sides) This was not too much of a problem as the bath sides are much higher & I'm only doing 2 sides - so I've covered an area up to just below the shower head. Anyway, my question is this: The primer went on OK and covered the area I expected but I don't think I've got the rubberised paint on thick enough as I've only used half of it. Can I paint on another another coat? Will this have the same effect? and, most importantly: What will be effect on security of tiles (which are 600 x 300 x 10's)? Substrate is Aquapanel so a small amount of water penetration will not spoil the job. Also, shower (at the moment) is gravity fed only. As ever, any advice gretly appreciated - I was hoping to start the tiling this weekend.....

F

faithhealer

Tanking aqua panel is usually belt and braces, as long as the joints are taped over and you have a good seal around the tray you should be ok

Reply to Tanking paint thickness in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen