Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tanking Alpha Hemi Hydrate Screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

Hi all. I've got a wetroom to do with a pumped screed floor and wondering what would be the best method of tanking it. The floor has wet ufh and using silver trav.
Thanks in advance.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Same as you would tank any screed. It needs to be dry, sanded, clean and the ufh commissioned and run. Alpha hemi is a type of gypsum based screed.

I

Ian

Funnily enough, I've just done one. Used ditra on the floor and liquid on the walls as they were plasterboard.

H

hmtiling

Evening Alan , might be a membrane tanking method..? And not paste..
I was hoping to use a compound and tapes. The tiling is following on into a hallway and another couple of rooms and want to avoid raising the level if possible.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know I should be using ditra with the stone anyway but the client won't pay for it. He's agreed to take the risk and put it in writing.

That's a loser straight away. If it fails you should be liable regardless of waiver as British Standard say uncouple with natural stone.

Any membranes that are compatible with cement will be OK with gypsum. It's what you stick em on with that matters. I'm not aware of any that are not compatible. I personally prefer liquid tanking.

H

hmtiling

That's a loser straight away. If it fails you should be liable regardless of waiver as British Standard say uncouple with natural stone.

Any membranes that are compatible with cement will be OK with gypsum. It's what you stick em on with that matters. I'm not aware of any that are not compatible. I personally prefer liquid tanking.
I'm a lastogum fan myself but never used it on gypsum screeds. It's obviously suitable for plastered/skimmed walls but still wasn't sure about the floor.
I didn't realise I'd be liable with a waiver in place. The reason he won't budge is he's had a 50m2 floor with same screed ave stone done 5 years ago without any problems. I had a good look and there's not a hint of a hairline crack. Unsure whether to commit now!

Reply to Tanking Alpha Hemi Hydrate Screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks