Discuss Ditra membrane + adhesive in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello,

Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive when working with tiles or decoupling membrane.

1. I'm doing a wetroom with plywood subfloor + ditra UFH membrane

What adhesive do I need to adhere the matting to the plywood? I've looked at Ardex AF200, Kerdi Coll and BAL but not sure which one would be best for the application?

2. I'll be fixing XPS boards to walls (Kerdi, Jackoboard, Wed etc. - not sure yet which one) on a full bed, not DnB

can I use standard tile adhesive for that?

3. In another room I'll be fixing ditra membrane on a liquid Cemfloor screed

Can I use Ardex AF200 for this or do I need to use tile adhesive?

I'd appreciate if someone could give advise on the above and maybe give some recommendations for adhesive to go for. I've always been using BAL but the area this time is big so don't really want to overspend unnecessarily if I can buy something cheaper that does as good job. So many different adhesive to choose from :(

Because I'm slow when comes too tiling (spend too long trying to make tiles sit perfectly flush :)) I won't be using Rapid Set type.

Thanks

Cherie

-
Reaction score
Maybe this will help you decide what to use.

Attachments

• DITRA-HEAT-Installation-Manual-2019.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Reply to Ditra membrane + adhesive in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks