Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking Alpha Hemi Hydrate Screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know I should be using ditra with the stone anyway but the client won't pay for it. He's agreed to take the risk and put it in writing.

That's a loser straight away. If it fails you should be liable regardless of waiver as British Standard say uncouple with natural stone.

Any membranes that are compatible with cement will be OK with gypsum. It's what you stick em on with that matters. I'm not aware of any that are not compatible. I personally prefer liquid tanking.

H

hmtiling

That's a loser straight away. If it fails you should be liable regardless of waiver as British Standard say uncouple with natural stone.

Any membranes that are compatible with cement will be OK with gypsum. It's what you stick em on with that matters. I'm not aware of any that are not compatible. I personally prefer liquid tanking.
I'm a lastogum fan myself but never used it on gypsum screeds. It's obviously suitable for plastered/skimmed walls but still wasn't sure about the floor.
I didn't realise I'd be liable with a waiver in place. The reason he won't budge is he's had a 50m2 floor with same screed ave stone done 5 years ago without any problems. I had a good look and there's not a hint of a hairline crack. Unsure whether to commit now!

Reply to Tanking Alpha Hemi Hydrate Screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen