Discuss Tanking Advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

C

Craig Hamilton

HI

I have bought the homelux tanking system and are just wondering how I should go about sealing round and integrated shower and radiator pipes any advice would be much appreciated images attached

tmp_5213-DSC_05312133530862.JPG tmp_5213-DSC_0529-981255243.JPG

S

SJPurdy

Often the shower mixer body needs to remain accessible (by just removing the front cover plate) so that filters in the body can be cleaned/replaced and so in these cases you can't really tank tight up to the "tap/control" bits (I don't know if this is the case with the one you have fitted). In practice very little water is going to be hitting the wall above the shower mixer so providing the grouting is good quality and the cover plate fits well I don't think you will have a problem.
Personally I'd be more worried about leaks from pipes behind the plasterboard!:umbrellarain:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking Advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB