Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Retiling wetroom advice on how best to proceed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Y

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Crap it says on box lol..

What’s your opinion on these tiles??

O

One Day

Crap it says on box lol..

What’s your opinion on these tiles??

They're nice tiles to cut and install but my personal opinion is that there are only 2 or 3 tilers in Preston capable (and equipped) to install them.
I am one. The other 2 you would get hold of via Roccia!
I don't know of anyone ESP are using. I was recommeded to them by Grespania but we've both been too busy to meet so far.
Anyone else... Risky.

They shouldn't have been dropped on the uneven ground either.
Don't leave them like that for too long, as the pallet starts to sag, the tiles will stress.

W

Waluigi

That’s exactly what my local showroom said to me, they put some in their showroom but found no installer wanted to touch it. Those who did couldn’t install it properly.

It’s a separate trade to an extent. Very niche.

For me personally I haven’t and wouldn’t install anything near that size. Not equipped physically or have the talent to do it.

W

Waluigi

I’m wondering if we will see a frame made up of chinese suction cups, CLS and Gaffer tape.

......seriously though, I’d imagine the correct installation equipment is absolutely essential.

OP
Y

YT233

TF
Reaction score
CFD51D27-6EBD-4306-9539-919D2C4280E4.jpeg
This baby just arrived...

OP
Y

YT233

TF
Reaction score
We were being quoted 8k plus for the job.

it will be available for purchase after I am done with it.

It is going to be an epic father and x2 sons project...

There will be an alcove in the shower area which we want to try to mitre, what resin would you guys recommend to fill the join, so that I can sand and polish the joint later?

OP
Y

YT233

TF
Reaction score
it will be available for purchase after I am done with it.

It is going to be an epic father and x2 sons project...

There will be an alcove in the shower area which we want to try to mitre, what resin would you guys recommend to fill the join, so that I can sand and polish the joint later?

Many thanks, Waluigi, my tiles which I will be mitring will be dark grey and bronze, would you know which colours from the polysoft corresponds to the colours I need?

W

Waluigi

OP
Y

YT233

TF
Reaction score
thank you again. Does the mitred join need to be filled with resin, I will be using epoxy grout, can I not just used this to fill any gap? Then polish it?

W

Waluigi

I’m not entirely sure. I’d imagine that epoxy would be a whole world more complicated to work with but I might be wrong.

To an extent, polysoft is easy to work with, to shape, to cut, to sand, to polish and clean.

I don’t think epoxy would behave in the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Retiling wetroom advice on how best to proceed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock