Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
B

Bubblecraft

Yikes. That's nasty. Did you manage to salvage the UFH with a SLC or was it ruined?

I

Ian

They were put down in 2008, customer bought the house last March, I found the house on Zoopla and they paid 950k for it, there is approx 300 m2 of tile all fitted like this, it's only a matter of time before it all fails.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
no using trowel under vanity unit , toilet.... just little dots of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ :mad2:. Cheap ply screwed on few screws (drywall screws), some floor boards not fixed. So i ripped everything off, and started again :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I have a few pics of cowboy workmanship...

This couple show how NOT to install sensor in UFH..

tiling pics 041.jpg

tiling pics 043.jpg

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i would use more of that tape, to stick ufc down :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

i would use more of that tape, to stick ufc down :lol:

D

DHTiling

Did you have to sort that out for them Dave? At least it didn't get tiled over, or did it????!!!!!!

It was for a company that is now B/rupt... they argued it was ok and said tile it.. :) .. so SLC over it and tiled.. what happened after that god knows :lol: ..

D

DHTiling

This one is on going , so yet to be resolved...cannot say anymore than that but i have it to lift and relay if it goes ahead , after getting the cowboy who laid it to cough up.

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

check out the polished skirt edges ..NOT!!! .. :lol:

IMAG0313.jpg

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock