Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
D

dave l and l

went to look at floor for customer to day and he asked me to look at tile that fell 0f wall, full bathroom on top of bonding, floor was also dot and dabbed on 6 or 4 mm ply ring shanked.
he said half way through job builder had to go to hospital as one of the tiles hit him in head , 600 x 300 porcelain , its been up for three years. no idea how its not all fell apart

D

dave l and l

i know the builder that done this job. i also lifted one of his floor recently . all dot a dabbed on 6 mm , he has no teeth left

T

Tile Shop

Is it really this difficult to clean grout off? Yeah the tiles are textured, but......... Really???

IMG_6985.JPG IMG_6986.JPG IMG_6987.JPG

T

Tile Shop

Oh god. What a bloody shame! builder paying out?
Haven't heard for a while. She was taking him to court last time I heard cuz she'd spent her last few pennies on getting this done.

Just going through my collection of pictures. Some may have already been posted before, but some are also worth a second laugh :)

T

Tile Shop

Problem..... Moisture ingress and shading on BCT tiles. Multiple causes including not the greatest quality, tubbed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ (on a 500x250 tile) and dot'n'dab (can see from the patches)

4.jpg

T

Tile Shop

Crackle Dados are not to be used as Skirtings. Especially when up against a truly floating floor. This floor is going to be used as a trampoline in the Rio Olympics.

Oh, and there's a pube!

1.jpg 5.jpg

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock