Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

IMG_8612.JPG

:D:p

G

GoneGuy

And when I tapped some of the floor tiles they sounded hollow, i advised them not to wear high heels.
Where the tile finished in doorway to hallway it was finished with a tile trim and not a threshold bar

IMG_0484.JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
G

GoneGuy

It does and needs the public to read it and understand the benefits of a proffesional tiler.

K

Kevbos

And there was this one. Guy started @ 9am & was still there @ 10.30pm that night to do 4m2. This is the result the customer got:
una3asu2.jpg
4ypyqe3u.jpg

After removal of the tiles I noticed some areas were packed to at least 25mm with ready mixed addy. The plasterboard had been attempted to be stuck to the brick wall with a 50mm cavity with ready mixed too.
u5ymymy8.jpg
eje3uqy3.jpg
bu9avema.jpg

He stuck the tiles to painted existing tiles
puhadagy.jpg
amupyty7.jpg

I started @ 9am, removed both sets of tiles, re-sheeted, tiled, grouted & siliconed by 3pm. God knows what he was doing to be there that length of time. Customer even bought him a chippy @ 7pm as they felt bad for him.

Heres the end result with Milford Cream I think it was
henutuhu.jpg
4yqebu6e.jpg
tuda6uvy.jpg
meha3aja.jpg
uduqaneg.jpg
tepuby5u.jpg
y6evy3am.jpg
How come they didn't use same tiles you took off .?

G

GoneGuy

Job I went to look at yesterday in bathroom on chipboard floor.
The bath overflowed and made some tiles loose.
Looks like tub adhesive and grout all in one ?

IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0952.JPG

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks