Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
5,353 23
In my opinion, Checkatrade, My builder etc gives the public confidence in using these sites. Recently there was a scandal where anyone can pay and be eligible for doing work they have never done ! Its all about money. You pay for leads. I would also like to say some people are genuine but be careful !!!!! I would never sign up for one of these. Tiler for tiling, plumber for plumbing as said many times before on here.

Reactions
Thats the safest option, sorry
I appreciate your honesty. Can anyone give me a ballpark cost for the re-tiling alone? It would the entire window wall, plus the concealed cistern, and boxed in soil pipe (it come's up from the boxed in cistern). We'd get a plumber to deal with the bathroom issues. Thanks for you help.

B

Blunt Tool

I would get the plumbing checked aswell, who knows what disasters have been boxed in/hidden and where did he put the spare grout and water sludge?

Reactions
In my opinion, Checkatrade, My builder etc gives the public confidence in using these sites. Recently there was a scandal where anyone can pay and be eligible for doing work they have never done !.
Irrespective of what their advertising says, anyone can decide they are a tradesman and sign up to these companies, and although I'm sure there are some happy customers, they are the source of loads of terrible work and workers.

Why would a good tradesman spend money getting work?
I'm always busy, I don't even advertise!

That's just some nasty tile work, luckily ceramic tiles philippines has lessen those kinds of problems. what can you say about that? is it the quality of the tiles fault or the one who worked on it?

3_fall

JOTM Winner

3_fall

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,615 91 2
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Looks like he applied grout and went for a lunch , for couple of hours...
Hey Tony,
Long time no post, hows things, you good?

3_fall

JOTM Winner

3_fall

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,615 91 2
Hey mate, all good . Extremely busy.... Getting married again :) Have new addition to my family- another dog. How are you?
You found it then haha :thumbsup:

Yeah I’m good Tony mate thanks.
Miss seeing your work here!
Well congratulations and congratulations, again! :thumbsup:

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reactions
You found it then haha :thumbsup:

Yeah I’m good Tony mate thanks.
Miss seeing your work here!
Well congratulations and congratulations, again! :thumbsup:
Thanks. Will post some … Have done some interesting wooden mosaics not long ago. They said it was first in the UK. So would like to hear opinion.

3_fall

JOTM Winner

3_fall

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,615 91 2
Thanks. Will post some … Have done some interesting wooden mosaics not long ago. They said it was first in the UK. So would like to hear opinion.
Yeah that’d be kool Tony. :)

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.