Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with sealer on slate floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

maudegonne

Hi there,
I was hoping for some advice. We have experienced a problem with a slate floor that we treated with Qualz 3-in-one sealer.
We have succesfully used it on similar floors in the past. Before applying it with a small roller the floor was cleaned with HG wax and pollish remover. This was washed down twice with clean water and left to dry for several hours. Then 2 coats of the sealer were applied. Problem is that within a week the floor is really badly marked/scraped. It is in a pub and it gets a lot of wear, but this surely should not happen shis quickly?!
Does anyone have an idea why this happened and how we can deal with this?
Any thoughts or help on this are very much appreciated.
Thanks

E

enduro

Not familiar with that sealant, but sound like to much has been applied, as slate isn't very porous, so i would strip it and apply a lithofin or Aqua Mix sealant.

M

maudegonne

thanks... that could well be the problem as we used a different roller for application....
what would you use to strip it with?

E

enduro

Either lithofin or Aqua mix, both do sealer & coating remover. Use a rotary floor scrubber with a tan pad to remove sealer, and wet vac it up, then rinse floor to neutralise it before applying sealer.

Reply to Problem with sealer on slate floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We washed our Indian slate floor with stone floor cleaner and whilst it has cleaned them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen