Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How to get white of Indian slate tiles. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,
We washed our Indian slate floor with stone floor cleaner and whilst it has cleaned them well, they have dried dull and with a white haze on them.
From looking at pictures I don’t think it’s efflorescence.
Does anyone have any suggestions what this could be or how to correct it?
Thanks

Attachments

• Tiles Small.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
What colour grout is it white or silver grey. Not that it really matters, to me it looks like it could be grout or tile adhesive residue that was never cleaned off properly, if it is get some grout cleaner from Topps others are available. Wire scouring pad and elbow grease. It may also mean your slates are porush and taken some colour from whatever cleaner you used, have they ever bean sealed. You could try colour enhancing sealer which should bring out the darker colours, if this is going to work you will be able to make the stain disappear just by putting water or damp cloth over it, lots of slate is actually ugly, when dry and not sealed . Last resort get either bag of darkish grout or brick die and apply a wash to stain it darker.
Probably you have washed the old sealer off and you are seeing it's natural colour for the first time in that case just reseal.

Reaction score
Can you confirm which "Stone Floor Cleaner" product you used, I suspect it was a problem solver and not a daily cleaning solution as it must have been strong enough to either upset the sealer turning it White or as suggested earlier removed the sealer revealing grout haze.

Reply to How to get white of Indian slate tiles. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks