Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelanosa Firenze as floor tile in shower / wet room area in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

archandy

I've a client who wants to use Porcelanosa Firenze Nacar (White) as a floor tile in his new shower area.

I've explained that it is a wall tile and could be slippery in a shower but he insists on going ahead. Is this at all feasible or are there other good reasons for not doing this?

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I most definately wouldnt myself , sounds like he's after a cheap mosaic floor. As a tile , it's supposed to be butted together when fitted as a wall tile , so given the 3mm BS joint size thats a no no for a start. On top of that it more than likely has insufficient strength to cope with being on a floor.

Firenze Nacar

APPLICATION CHART
AreaResidentialLight CommercialCommercialExteriors
Walls
smtrancheck_mark.gif

smtrancheck_mark.gif
smtrancheck_mark.gif

All IMHO of course.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The clue is where the application says 'walls'.

If it was meant for floors, errrm it would say 'floors'.

I have seen this tile and it is most definitely NOTsuitable for floors.

S

Stef

As JB states above this is a wall tile & cannot be fitted to a floor, even if that floor is in a shower area.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Didn't you post some pics of this tile a bit since Stef of a feature wall you did?

Reply to Porcelanosa Firenze as floor tile in shower / wet room area in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks