Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelanosa Firenze as floor tile in shower / wet room area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

archandy

I've a client who wants to use Porcelanosa Firenze Nacar (White) as a floor tile in his new shower area.

I've explained that it is a wall tile and could be slippery in a shower but he insists on going ahead. Is this at all feasible or are there other good reasons for not doing this?

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I most definately wouldnt myself , sounds like he's after a cheap mosaic floor. As a tile , it's supposed to be butted together when fitted as a wall tile , so given the 3mm BS joint size thats a no no for a start. On top of that it more than likely has insufficient strength to cope with being on a floor.

Firenze Nacar

APPLICATION CHART
AreaResidentialLight CommercialCommercialExteriors
Walls
smtrancheck_mark.gif

smtrancheck_mark.gif
smtrancheck_mark.gif

All IMHO of course.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The clue is where the application says 'walls'.

If it was meant for floors, errrm it would say 'floors'.

I have seen this tile and it is most definitely NOTsuitable for floors.

S

Stef

As JB states above this is a wall tile & cannot be fitted to a floor, even if that floor is in a shower area.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Didn't you post some pics of this tile a bit since Stef of a feature wall you did?

Reply to Porcelanosa Firenze as floor tile in shower / wet room area in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen