Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Equivalent Of Black Quartz Stardust in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

berilac

I wouldn't buy an online equivalent for cheaper. There have been a few threads on here regarding problems people have had with them. The stardust from Topps you would be fine with or as Whitebeam says a galaxy granite.

mmmm, not sure i totally agree with that statement, yes there are some online stores selling real bad cheap quartz, but there are some selling gulfstone, which is the same tile as stardust.

Thanks, Thats good to know, which ones would you guys recommend?

Also on granite galaxy do you know how much heavier it would be compared to stardust? They seem to be at a good price as well approx £20m2,

O

Old Mod

As long as it's genuine Gulf Stone, that's the phrase you're looking for.

You would have to check with supplier on weight of the Galaxy, it will depend on the thickness.

B

berilac

As long as it's genuine Gulf Stone, that's the phrase you're looking for.

You would have to check with supplier on weight of the Galaxy, it will depend on the thickness.

fyi - the tiler I am corresponding with has mentioned that Granite is generally thicker, i.e. it will add more height to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Not really, it's not the difference between 10 and 20 mm it might be a couple of mm between them. I don't mean to be the doom and gloom of online suppliers but i had some granite from an online and it was a long way out of tolerance, i.e. should have been 300 x 300 but some pieces were 295 and some 305 etc. Before you buy from someone without being able to view the stock just ask them to give you the tolerances in writing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
B

berilac

thanks I went for the stardust tile in the end , its a bit more expensive but luckily topps are having a autumn sale on it as well if anyone else is interested.

My tilers has suggested the following
Plywood
Bal Adhesive 20Kg
Bal Grout 2.5 kg
Tile spacer of 4mm

Can anyone confirm if this is standard for stardust tiles?

Thanks again,

Reply to Porcelain Equivalent Of Black Quartz Stardust in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen