Search the forum,

Discuss Most Suitable Tile Backing Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob55

Hi,

I'm just about to start refurbishing my bathroom. I've stripped the tiles off the walls, which are skimmed plaster, and now trying to decide which tile backing board to install. I've read a few reviews and can't decide which would be best - just seem to be going around in circles reading them all!!. The walls are in pretty good condition but rather than tanking around the shower I'd prefer to use a light weight backer board. It seems to be between Hardie, No More Ply or Marmox. Any advice on which might be more suitable would be much appreciated.

Given the walls are plastered, I'm intending to prime the walls, fix the boards using tile adhesive and then mechanically secure them with fischer plastic fixings and coated screws. Would this installation be suitable for all makes?

In addition, should I use waterproofing tape for all the corner/window joins or would fibre tape and adhesive be sufficient?

As I say, any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Why cant you liquid membrane(tank) the walls? are you concerned about weight issues ?

R

Rob55

Thanks for your replies.

Judge, my intention to use the backing boards was to even out the walls and window area. The walls are in good condition but could just do with a bit of evening out around the bath. Is the liquid tanking just applied directly to the plastered walls, or would I need to re-board and then tank?

Thanks

M

mike1979

At the mo valley tiles and cement boards locally where ever cheapest but my ctd account has been sorted now so I'm gonna use them

S

Sean SML Tiling

If u need boards let me know as I get mine from ctd vat free through a friend. Cheaper than local suppliers

Reply to Most Suitable Tile Backing Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen