Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Most Suitable Tile Backing Board in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rob55

Hi,

I'm just about to start refurbishing my bathroom. I've stripped the tiles off the walls, which are skimmed plaster, and now trying to decide which tile backing board to install. I've read a few reviews and can't decide which would be best - just seem to be going around in circles reading them all!!. The walls are in pretty good condition but rather than tanking around the shower I'd prefer to use a light weight backer board. It seems to be between Hardie, No More Ply or Marmox. Any advice on which might be more suitable would be much appreciated.

Given the walls are plastered, I'm intending to prime the walls, fix the boards using tile adhesive and then mechanically secure them with fischer plastic fixings and coated screws. Would this installation be suitable for all makes?

In addition, should I use waterproofing tape for all the corner/window joins or would fibre tape and adhesive be sufficient?

As I say, any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

R

Rob55

Thanks for your replies.

Judge, my intention to use the backing boards was to even out the walls and window area. The walls are in good condition but could just do with a bit of evening out around the bath. Is the liquid tanking just applied directly to the plastered walls, or would I need to re-board and then tank?

Thanks

M

mike1979

At the mo valley tiles and cement boards locally where ever cheapest but my ctd account has been sorted now so I'm gonna use them

S

Sean SML Tiling

If u need boards let me know as I get mine from ctd vat free through a friend. Cheaper than local suppliers

C

Ciscobloke01

Hi - Im in same boat, looking to remove the tiles from my bathroom walls and board out with Marmox 4 or 6mm fixed with adhesive and anchors/screws to stud wall.

Will this solution be OK for hanging travertine tiles ?

Thx in advance!

Reply to Most Suitable Tile Backing Board in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks