Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Just Another Guy looking for Wetroom Advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Is the tile following through into the next room?

OP
L

LG007

No it's not, but I'd like the level to be the same, just a bit confused how to level everything up.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If I understand the situation correctly, you could set flooring flush with top of joists support on battons say 2x1”, fixed to sides of joists, overboard with 6mm insulated backerboard ( bonded with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and plenty of wood screws ,tape and fill, and set tray to suit. Reducing the height by approximately 14mm.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Carpet to tile threshold strip will take up that difference perfectly- save yourself the hassle

OP
L

LG007

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking I will under board the room so it's flush with the joists, then install some 15mm marine ply alongside a 22mm Schulter former meaning the UFH at 7.5mm on top of the marine ply will take me just about level with the tray for tile.

So should I fix the marine ply to the underboard with the same https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ I'm using for the boards and tiles or just mechanically screw into the joists / underboards? Are there any potential issues in relation the the underboard + marine ply + UFH + tiles that are going to cause any major issues, like too much movement etc?

Cheers!!

OP
L

LG007

Did I run out of allotted forum questions?:D

I was planning on using a Schluter tray but it looks, due to limited space, and a lovely joist in the middle of the room that the Impey tray will work better as it'll miss the joists nicely. So I'm assuming this then requires the use of the Waterguard tanking system - is it easy enough to seal the Waterguard system on the floor with the Kerdi Boards / Kerdi Band on the walls or do I need a rethink if I'm using the Impey tray?

Ensuite current paused!

Reply to Just Another Guy looking for Wetroom Advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock