Search the forum,

Discuss How to prep walls for tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jamie

Hi all
Now I know how im going to lay my tiles, thanks to all you helpful lot. Im am planing to lay some 300 x 600 porcelain tiles. At the moment the walls are painted, how do I prep the walls ready for tiles.. much appreciated ..
Jamie

F

Flintstone

I would assume the walls are painted plaster. The porcelain tiles will be too heavy to go onto plaster skim. The easiest option is probably to over board

J

Jamie

Hi
Sorry for being stupid, do you mean I will have to board my entire bathroom first? If thats the case id better choose a smaller tile. Is this only option?
Thanks jamie

N

NZ_Tiler

Weight per m2 is the issue, so it's the thickness of the tile. Ie. 6mm tiles @ 1m2 could be ok for skimmed plaster.

The paint is a problem, can you remove it?

J

Jamie

Hi NZ
I am able to scrap the paint off to leave the plaster underneath, will that be ok?

Reply to How to prep walls for tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen