Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help! Is this tiling acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
Looking for some advice as I’m really concerned about the quality of work in our bathroom :(. We were starting to worry as there are some uneven cuts and large gaps between the tiles/messy grout but were assured it would be tidied up.
He has started to mastic the edges and I have raised concerns that it is very tick but it’s just looking worse and worse. The job isn’t finished yet - do I give him the chance to put it right or cut our losses here before it gets worse? He’s a nice guy and we’ve tried to be patient but it’s just not looking good. Pics attached, thank you!
24C5A6B6-4A34-43B7-B0DB-A098C2A4518E.jpeg
B71FE4F1-D679-497A-977E-3B324FA2D9F7.jpeg
8AD3F022-ABD3-4085-9224-294861A8958F.jpeg
B4AB9D4B-E4DE-4AD8-8B53-396FF2D6BFAE.jpeg
D4F8CD24-479A-4A52-8386-D56C64773BAC.jpeg
25B7780C-47D8-4A36-BD39-7D6A6885ED1D.jpeg
2F20666A-7314-476E-88BE-62F401A95E94.jpeg

Reaction score
I would definitely say he has completely done everything wrong from the grouting to the shocking silicon work there is know way it can be recovered to even a satisfactory tile job it looks like a total rip out and start again ! Hope you haven’t parted with any payment yet

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry but i have to agree, no way you could make that look any better
From the layout on the sink wall which is all over the place to the uneven
joints to the big gaps top and bottom to the really bad grouting
do i need to go on? nice guy or not its bad and its going to cost
you at the end of the day. have you given him any money.
Feel very sorry for you.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you all. Unfortunately a huge lesson learnt here as he’s already been paid a fair chunk. Feeling very stupid now, sounds like we’re going to be out a lot and we didn’t have a contract so probably have no way of getting money back. Now to find someone to sort this mess out.

G

Gazzawade

Another example of what’s out there! ....Appalling ...You should ask for your money back...

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would definitely say he has completely done everything wrong from the grouting to the shocking silicon work there is know way it can be recovered to even a satisfactory tile job it looks like a total rip out and start again ! Hope you haven’t parted with any payment yet
Take him to court, fair chance your win...

Reaction score
In no way am I defending the tiler but, that tile design is one of the worst concepts Ive ever come across. Even well done that would look horrendous.

B

Beccasch

In no way am I defending the tiler but, that tile design is one of the worst concepts Ive ever come across. Even well done that would look horrendous.

It was meant to be the whole room herringbone but he pitched this as an alternative design and promised it would look better…!

Reply to Help! Is this tiling acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock