Search the forum,

Discuss hello from me in the south east! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sherbert

hello to all firstly i would just like to say well done to all involved in running such a great forum it has a vast ammount of infomation that im sure has and will benifit countless people i have been on and off on here for the last three days and i am still reading peoples old topics and finding stuff really helpful so much so that a lot of the questions i was coming up with are already explained here very well that even i can understand them!

I have been a kitchen/bathroom fitter for quite some time now but i never got to involved with the tiling as i had a old boy who i used to live next to do all of it for me however last year he gave up and retired abroad so after trying a few guys who i did not get on with for various reasons i quickley decided that i had to take the tiling into my own hands the results have been very good ( i did get the the old tiler to teach me a thing or two!)
My main reason for joining up was that i seem to be getting more complex tiling jobs and needed a reference point to look for certain questions that can save one alot of time and money (ie the pva thing i was told not to use it as a primer but was never aware of the reason why im glad i never tried it after reading some stuff on here!) On the subject of pva if you do get to the situation that a builder or whoever has primed the surface with it what can be done to get rid of the problem can you just use a normal primer over the top or do you need to get rid of it somehow?

well thanks for taking the time to read my waffle and i hope to get involved as much as i can my knowledge is limited but i will help out in any way i can

cheers Simon :smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Hello simon and th anks for joining our community...

Regarding the pva...you can sand it off as it only sits on the surface..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:welcome: from me in Lincolnshire

S

sherbert

cheers guys im still reading thru old stuff but getting to the more up to date topics so starting to make some posts to try and give a little bit back in return for the info im getting from you guys
thanks once again

Reply to hello from me in the south east! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen