Search the forum,

Discuss Grout cracking on Bathroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

any builder or tiler should no to use flexi adhesive when tiling on plywood i think maybe you should re tile it the tiles will come up quite soon another common problem with grout cracking is getting the right mixture of grout ive seen it before tilers grouting with lumpy grout

D

DHTiling

As mentioned this could just be a case of the wrong grout used.....replace with a good quality flexible one and THEN if the cracking still occurs then you will have to look again at re-tiling...once you sort the problem that is causing it..:thumbsup:

G

gardian

wow, thanks for all of the replys.

i can now understand that i should have used some flexible adhiesive aswell, but taking it up and starting again is not an option for me at this stage. the wall tiles are laid straight on top of the floor tiles, so im assuming some of these would come up aswell if i tried to remove the floor tiles.

I will remove the grout on the floor and use some flexible stuff, hopefull i will get away with that, if not, once i have more time and more importantly money, i will take up the floor and start again.

can someone reccomend me a good quality flexible grout? or provide a link??

BTW, it was not a professional tiler or builder who laid the tiles, it was a member of the family who did it for free.

I wish i had found this site a while ago so i could have bought some proper stuff!!

Thanks for the advice

Ian

G

GazTech

7b6e9cf0707468f051821a3affcde2c1.jpg

with the flexible addition of
3efc9dcde73d78cd43ce9996a0dbde53.jpg

D

DHTiling

Hi Ian.........that is what the forums is about helping peeps with jobs or probs and our members like to help if they can.........

as for grout.....you could try Ultra colour plus from Mapei or Bal wide joint grout and GT1 admix.......bearing in mind neither manufacturer will give a guarentee if the prep or adhesive was wrong....

Thanks for sharing your probs with us and good luck...:thumbsup:

Reply to Grout cracking on Bathroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen