Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Glitter grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Perry

Using this for the 1st time tmrw.....any tips/advice, do's/don'ts?????

Thanks in advance

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hello,wear throwaway gloves,and be prepared to keep your glittery float and sponge in there own special box from now on:drool5: good luck,,what kind of tiles are you grouting?

D

Daz

Is this the Mapei glitter grout?
If so, mix it exactly as per the instructions on the pack.
Work small areas at a time and wash off with warm water.
Be prepared to throw your sponges away afterwards as they will be full of glitter :smilewinkgrin:.

P

Perry

Good thinking on the gloves :thumbsup:
Not sure of the manufacturer, they are black/dark grey porcelain 400x200mm on the wall (just one wall getting done) and 313mm 'ish' square on the floor

P

Perry

No not Mapei, it comes in a tub, 3 parts, only 45 mins working time!!!!
I'll find out exact details of it tmrw

S

Spud

make sure you have plenty of emulsifying pads,I use detergent in the water and lots of clean sponges,I always return for a final clean down the following day to remove any residues :thumbsup:

P

paulyoung666

all of the above applies , and if possible try and make enough grout to do the whole lot in one go , and be prepared to be a glitter fairy , the stuff gets everywhere :lol:

Reaction score
all of the above applies , and if possible try and make enough grout to do the whole lot in one go , and be prepared to be a glitter fairy , the stuff gets everywhere :lol:
so have Fun Mate
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9PjOalcpI]YouTube - The Glitter Band - Rock n Roll Part II (Hey Song) & I Can't Stop[/ame] :thumbsup:

T

tfs

Work as clean as you can, the less epoxy you leave on the tile as you spread the easier it is to clean.

Be carefull not to get any grout on furnature or any other areas as if you do it will be a nightmare to remove.

mix with a mixing paddle to help get a better mix.

In my experience the grout has always looked less glittery during mixing than what it does once applied to the tiles so, be carefull not to add too much glitter unless this is the effect you are hoping to achieve.

Bare in mind that this stuff is expensive so if you cant grout a full tubs worth at once it may prove to be even more pricy than you think. (get another pair of hands to help if needed)

:thumbsup:

P

Perry

Thanks all for the replies :thumbsup:

Managed to get it done no probs, wasn't as bad as i thought, cleaning up was a bit more of a chore though!

Not sure its worth the £80 per tub the customer paid, could you not just add glitter through normal grout??? Or is that just daft :lol:

S

Spud

Thanks all for the replies :thumbsup:

Managed to get it done no probs, wasn't as bad as i thought, cleaning up was a bit more of a chore though!

Not sure its worth the £80 per tub the customer paid, could you not just add glitter through normal grout??? Or is that just daft :lol:
it doesnt work well with normal grout ,if your customer had searched a bit it can be found for less:smilewinkgrin:

D

Daz

i think its about 15quid a bag at my local TG

It will be around £10 to £15 for a bag of the glitter (upto 3 bags per mix) & you will have to purchase the epoxy grout too, so maybe not £80 but probably the wrong side of £60 in total.

P

Perry

This stuff was all in the 1 tub, grout, a bag of liquid (looks like oil) and a bag of glitter, you just mix it all together and hey presto. Probably about 10kg in a tub.

P

paulyoung666

This stuff was all in the 1 tub, grout, a bag of liquid (looks like oil) and a bag of glitter, you just mix it all together and hey presto. Probably about 10kg in a tub.

and the result was ................. , this thread needs pictures now :thumbsup:

Reply to Glitter grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks