Currently reading:
Forum lay out

Search the forum,

Discuss Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Lol it didn't say that in the instructions haha
Such simple thing :)
Forum has always been that way since introduction of this platform last year mate.
The more screen you have available, the more options appear.
You should notice now more options on your menu bar as opposed to being in a drop down box.
Put it on tablet or PC/Laptop you get full menu in front of you.
My website operates same way, it adjusts to amount of visible screen you have.
It's Google friendly too! Haha
It must be me then, because I thought everyone used their phone landscape, why wouldn't you anyway?
It's much easier to read posts, the words are not all crammed together haha
What I mean is, there are fewer lines per post.
I loose 4 lines with this post between portrait and landscape.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nothing has changed lol we have just stripped back the new posts page to get rid of the clutter.

The new posts link in the blue menu that went during only browsing the main tiling forum is back now.

So you're literally not missing any information. If there is a thread showing in new posts, it has new posts. Why does the time of the new post matter?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Get rid of all them sticky threads as well, there a pest

What's different? And which sticky threads annoy you? Which forum category?

We're a forum for the masses and I check stats when I tweak things to see how they improve overall (or not sometimes). If you have suggestions stick them in the feedback forum and we'll take them on board. But if I listen to everybody, nothing gets improved. We would need a version of the forum customised to every single person and that just isn't possible.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The times shown are when the thread was created. The order of them is the one with the newest post for you is top (different order for everybody because they would have viewed the threads originally in order they personally viewed them). That has always been the case, but previous the (useless info) time of the last post was shown.

O

Old Mod

The time of the last post is under title in left corner Harry.
They're in chronological order of being posted.
The time and date at top is when thread was created and by whom.
image.jpeg

H

hmtiling

The times shown are when the thread was created. The order of them is the one with the newest post for you is top (different order for everybody because they would have viewed the threads originally in order they personally viewed them). That has always been the case, but previous the (useless info) time of the last post was shown.
I feel I've been a little slow there.
I did prefer it the other way though.;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't get time of last post on my phone, whether using it landscape or profile.
I know,I know,I need a better phone!
That info is useless. If the thread is shown in the new posts page, it has new posts. If it doesn't have new posts it wouldn't be shown there. You'd have to navigate to the forum category it was posted in to find it etc

That has always been the case. Except it used to show the time of the last post. But its unless info, as if it is on that page in the first place it has a new post. What does it matter what time it was posted?

We don't answer threads between 4-6pm or whatever. If they have new posts we tend to check them. End of.

Reply to Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Another First for UK Tiling Forum; Crossing the 1 Million Posts Mark Soon It appears the other UK Tiling Forum is using a Free WordPress (that’s fine) but they went for wpForo instead of bridging...
Replies
Views
This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We have this Tile Blog here, and a few other websites lets say. We will be adding to the blog during...
Replies
Views
Norcros sells Johnson Tiles UK Bathroom and kitchen products provider Norcros has finalised the sale of its subsidiary, Johnson Tiles UK. The sale for £1m to its UK management team comprising...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Article
UK Pro tiling training has been running pro tiling courses for over 18 years and been a member on this forum since 2006, countless lives have been changed for people who have attended our fast...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is the Brilliant Tiling Advice Provided and Peer-Reviewed via 1000’s of Tilers Discussion Thread How do you know Tiling Advice is Trusted? When its peer reviewed and treated scientifically...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement