Search the forum,

Discuss Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

It was fine a couple of weeks ago.
Now the changes are putting me off coming here - particularly on my phone (Note 4).
Scrolling is a pain, new topics keep disappearing, posting is slower than ever....
Not broken before - why fix it???

S

stephenoneill

The answer is in the question or in the amount of responses here .I understand the new forum it's just too complicated and was better before.which was clear .precise and above all simple to use

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing has changed lol we have just stripped back the new posts page to get rid of the clutter.

The new posts link in the blue menu that went during only browsing the main tiling forum is back now.

So you're literally not missing any information. If there is a thread showing in new posts, it has new posts. Why does the time of the new post matter?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Get rid of all them sticky threads as well, there a pest

What's different? And which sticky threads annoy you? Which forum category?

We're a forum for the masses and I check stats when I tweak things to see how they improve overall (or not sometimes). If you have suggestions stick them in the feedback forum and we'll take them on board. But if I listen to everybody, nothing gets improved. We would need a version of the forum customised to every single person and that just isn't possible.

H

hmtiling

What's your actual problem with it? I'll see if there's an issue or something if you give me more info and stick the beer down lol
Actually not drinking tonight Dan as working in the morning:(
So, clicking on new posts I get, what seems to me, no chronological order.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The times shown are when the thread was created. The order of them is the one with the newest post for you is top (different order for everybody because they would have viewed the threads originally in order they personally viewed them). That has always been the case, but previous the (useless info) time of the last post was shown.

Reply to Forum lay out in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen