Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Favourite Washboy? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

I've got a couple of Karl Dahms and a Raimondi pedalo, both brilliant. I have nothing to compare the KD to but, I'd be shocked and stunned if there was anything out there that could out perform it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Only ever used a Karl Dahm washboy but it was spot on so would only get a different one if it was cheaper but pretty much exactly the same.

S

StevieBoy

Ive got the same one that I've had for the last 9 years rollers and all.

Think it's a Tile Rite jobby.

F

Flintstone

I paid about £50 for my last one, had my pants pulled down, it's a red one, think it might be rubi.
To be honest I've never got on with the things, I always just use hand sponge, I think they can put too much water down, even with a lot of ringing out on the rollers. Maybe if I was doing huge floors every week I would try to like it!

B

Bill

I paid about £50 for my last one, had my pants pulled down, it's a red one, think it might be rubi.
To be honest I've never got on with the things, I always just use hand sponge, I think they can put too much water down, even with a lot of ringing out on the rollers. Maybe if I was doing huge floors every week I would try to like it!
you are doing it wrong then.

I think they are in the top 5 products for professional tiling.

F

Flintstone

you are doing it wrong then.

I think they are in the top 5 products for professional tiling.

Maybe I am ! I've not really given it much of a chance, might have been the fact it was a brand new sponge, always better once they have worn in a bit.

Do you use it just on floors or for all grouting?

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use mine on both floors and larger walls, is a bit of a trick to getting most the water, but once you get the feel for it it becomes easier. Plus your hands stay dry.

T

Time's Ran Out

Never had the urge!
Always like to run my finger through the joint to keep it smooth.

F

Flintstone

I tried rolling it over the rollers about 4 times and holding it at an angle so the water drained out and it still seemed to put excess water down on the tiles, causing little bubbles and generally too wet!

K

Kevbos

Hi guys, my apprentice managed to loose the rollers of my washboy today and I was just about to order a new one tonight but as there's so many to choose from I thought I'd put it out there to see what the general consensus was on which one are your favourites. Any feed back would be appreciated
Buy a flieschen wash boy from Germany. They are brilliant had mine 13 yrs now. Other great tools too

Reply to Favourite Washboy? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks