Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Black Slate Shower Tray HELP!?! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Rx78

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all

New to the forum, anyone have an idea how to clean and get these white stains off a newly installed black slate shower tray (8 months ago), my wife have stupidly used a product called ViaKal and it might have damaged the surface - but im unsure if this is stain or damaged.

I would be super grateful if anyone have advise or solution on this - i have read about cleaning with vingar + baking soda + water mix or using a slate black sealer follow by enhancer to fix this problem

Thanks

IMG_9303.JPG

IMG_9302.JPG

IMG_9301.JPG

IMG_9300.JPG

IMG_9298.JPG

IMG_9299.JPG

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Is that an MX slate effect resin tray? If so good luck im afraid. I replaced a 10 month old white version that had water marks. Water doesn't fully drain off the tray because of the texture and there being very little fall to the drain. Terrible design and replaced with a smooth finish tray.

Reaction score
The Viakal cleaner is acidic so you can’t use anymore acidic cleaners. I would get some alkaline detergent like washing up liquid and a stiff bristled hand brush. Give it a good scrub and hope it’s removes the white stuff. You could possibly also try a liquid polishing paste. Tricky one, hope it works out.

S

Sinead mcloughlin

Just wondering if you managed to sort this as I have the same problem 😩
I have the same problem now. I used a product and it left bleach marks on my new tray. Did you find anything that works please

K

k rogers

Used a ceramic stool at the end of a new 1800mm black slate shower tray to hold soaps and shampoos. Two months later and the tray is now a warren of white scratches and an indelible 'ring' mark and other water marks. I used nothing to clean the surface harsher than dish washing liquid and a super gentle natural stone cleaner. These trays are not fit for purpose.

P

P Bell

Just put a slate effect shower tray in, as wanted a non slip finish for safety. (over 75) Installer said it must be mopped after every use, as water can't drain due to surface not being flat, but happy to do that. Don't feel safe on shiny flat trays

Reply to Black Slate Shower Tray HELP!?! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock