Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
@tom8080... Personally I'd cut the tiler some slack. To say it's a bad job seems a bit too harsh. Compared to some absolutely schocking tiling out there. Personally I always silicone where the tiles meet the basin (a grout joint will more than likely crack with slight movement through leverage on the basin). Plus a little bit more attention could have been given to the finished edge of the mosaics. But nothing major that can't still be done.

T

tom8080

Thanks JK. I won't be too harsh. It is, after all... just a splash back and your feedback and opinion counts, so thank you for taking the time to provide constructive criticism and how you would approach / finish this type of job.

Reaction score
No worries, if you wish to seal the basin I would carefully use a Stanley blade to score/scrape back the grout where it meets the basin. Then apply a small bead of quality sanitary silicone sealant. Spray with a little water with a bit of washing up liquid added (stops sealant from dragging out over mosaics and basin and easier/cleaner to work). Then spray a bit on your finger and smooth over, any excess can be removed with multi wipes. Cheers, James.

Q

Qwerty

Off centre and the 'bow' in the mosaic are the obvious unchangeable issues. 'It's only a splashback' attitude doesn't wash with me and my ethics I'm afraid. I put the same attention to detail into a small mosaic splashback as I do a full blown natural stone wet room. You are only as good as your last job, and I'm sure the OP's feedback will be testament to that!

T

Time's Ran Out

Off centre and the 'bow' in the mosaic are the obvious unchangeable issues. 'It's only a splashback' attitude doesn't wash with me and my ethics I'm afraid. I put the same attention to detail into a small mosaic splashback as I do a full blown natural stone wet room. You are only as good as your last job, and I'm sure the OP's feedback will be testament to that!

It's a wind up thread - he's pulling your plonker!
He's going to write a review on 'my builder' for a splash back of £20!
We can all see what's wrong with his splash back, but why didn't he ask that first ?
Your everything he needs.

Reply to Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen