Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tom8080

See photo... is this standard preparation for a mosaic glass splash back in the bathroom?

The wall was freshly painted.

Will this need now to be skimmed or can the tiles be applied immediately to this surface with some good adhesive? Is a mesh of some sort required for alignment?

The tiles are going to be just the width of of the sink and to the top of the ledge (basically the top of the photo).

What do you suggest the next steps are, so whoever takes this job on, I know does a really really good job and how much should I consider paying?

Cheers.

IMG_8943.JPG

T

tom8080

Haha, a tiler, but I was just wondering -- is this best practice? Couldn't see any reference to it on any forum or YouTube. Seems like they skim then apply to an ultra flat surface.

T

tom8080

Seems like sensible advice. Unfortunately, I doubt if any of that took place. I'll upload photos so you can give me your honest feedback of the work.

Reply to Bathroom Mosaic Glass Splash Back Preparation Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen