Currently reading:
90 degree herringbone grout line issue

Discuss 90 degree herringbone grout line issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I’m trying to do square (straight) herringbone with a 4x12 tile. I’m not getting the math on how you can do it if you add grout lines to horizontally laid tiles. If I add 1/8 line the width becomes 4 1/8 and 3 tiles horizontally are now 12 1/4. I see examples on the web but no one mentions how to handle the extra width. Any help is appreciated.
23FE1DA5-6B46-405A-92DA-A3EBA10DA1F4.jpeg

C

Chris Metcalfe

I've come across this very problem on my current job which is the first time I've attempted herringbone. My tiles are 200 x 100 (exactly). I've been pulling my hair out for several weeks now. I did manage to devise an extremely convoluted system to do it however it's been a nightmare and one I won't be repeating. I've been using a combination of 2mm and 3mm spacers. Horror. What can I say, it was too late to turn back. Would I be right in saying then that the correct tile size would be for example 202mm x 100mm, for a 2mm grout line?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 90 degree herringbone grout line issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB