Discuss Laying porcelain pavers on fibreglass/concrete pool surround in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround with a fibreglass pool shell. The slab was done around the shell 12 months ago there are no expansion joints in it no cracks in it but I’m no concrete expert
Is it absolutely critical to cut an expansion joint into the slab from the shell to the outside edge of the slab and carry them thru to silicone on the grout line above every 4 or 5 metres and if so how deep do the cuts in the concrete have to be?
The concrete slab is a brushed finish and has a 1/60 average fall already set in it to run water away off the edges, I’m gonna use levelling clips n wedges how wud you set pavers to line up n fall correctly on the corners where the falls in the corners intersect? Will I need to cut a diagonal line thru the pavers at each corner of the slab? The pavers are large 600x600x20 and the concrete slab is 11.3x8.2 metres rectangular with a rectangular fibreglass shell inground
I’m gonna start by overhanging all the 1200x30 copers 20mm around the pool shell with Ardex cap20 adhesive and X18 thinset on the concrete and then line up n lay a center row outwards to the slab edge and go left and right toward the corners using clips n wedges
I’d appreciate it if I could get some advice if I’m on the right path.
The tiling supplier said it’s not crucial to waterproof the slab not many people do it
If iv missed anything please let me know I hope the work will be a success

Attachments

• IMG_3291.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3290.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Reply to Laying porcelain pavers on fibreglass/concrete pool surround in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks