Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss External concrete slab for 20mm porcelaine in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am liking the sound of this system more and more. If anyone is aware where to locate 2mm grout backing rods then do let me know please. If not – do you think it would be easy to spot if I went with 3mm – assuming you can get 3mm…

If I can get away with laying a 40 sqm slab by hand then great, my question now is what is the minimum thickness I could get away with on the top of the crushed and compacted hardcore to take the weight of procelaine and light foot traffic whilst ensuring a level surface for the pedestals?
You need to contact tilefix about the information you are asking I they have a you tube video , porcelquick adpeds .

OP
I

Italy

usually laying with pedestals
it is carried out at level, the slope must be under the pedestal.
otherwise they move.
I don't understand why the line is closed,
the ones I used start from 0.5mm thick and go to infinity ...

OP
D

Deleted member 51481

Okay, Im erring on the adjustable pedastel system rather than porcelquick as it doesn't involve cement and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. However, to create the inside & outside seamless look I would need to grout externally. I assume I do as otherwise the external tiles without grout would look like an unfinished job when compared to the same tiles internally with grout, unless anyone else would disagree.

I assume you can use the grout backing rod with the adped sysem too as with the porcelquick system??

OP
I

Italy

Okay, Im erring on the adjustable pedastel system rather than porcelquick as it doesn't involve cement and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. However, to create the inside & outside seamless look I would need to grout externally. I assume I do as otherwise the external tiles without grout would look like an unfinished job when compared to the same tiles internally with grout, unless anyone else would disagree.

I assume you can use the grout backing rod with the adped sysem too as with the porcelquick system??
I don't know the systems you mentioned,
here in Italy I saw them all without the grouting

Reply to External concrete slab for 20mm porcelaine in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock