Search the forum,

Discuss Vicky Geometric in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

james

so just measure out require distance from the walls, snap chalk lines.
find the centre of main area, snap lines and just make sure its equal cuts.
does this sound right pj.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i dont feel its a waste of money doing a short course on something tricky like this,although everyones advice on here is excellent its important to have a go hands on before doing a fully paid job for a customer and making an erse of it,just my opinion:thumbsup:

P

pjtiler

so just measure out require distance from the walls, snap chalk lines.
find the centre of main area, snap lines and just make sure its equal cuts.
does this sound right pj.
you have to set out 1st to the full tile Patten,you never cut in to the border
make sure theres enough room to put the field tile in equally on all sides thought

J

james

kilty i wasnt referring to the course your been on but i can say more often than most courses have been a let down that ive done.
some have been too basic yet claiming otherwise. some have been overpriced and understaffed.
ive done 2 courses that were head and shoulders above other courses ive done and were fantastic value.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi james,i wasnt having a go mate,sorry if it came across like that,long story short im course trained so i can only give my opinion on what ive experienced,however my last trade i was a qualified apprentice trained chef so i do understand what its like to go through an apprenticeship for 4 years.however as i ve learned over the years nvq/svq mean very little to be honest and i think people should be merited on how good they perform personally as i worked with plenty chefs that were not qualified but would have wiped the floor with the guys who were apprentice trained,the same goes for any trade as far as im concerned,,what im trying to say mate is personally i think its important in a hands on job to have some actual hands on experience working at something as oppose to going in blind and a nervous so to speak,theres tonnes of good lads on here that can give advice in many ways but at the end of the day tiling is a hands on job and i feel confidence can be the difference in a poor or good job being produced especially something finniky like vicky floors mate,hope this helps:thumbsup:

T

The D

Here is one I started on Friday
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture1529-dscf0472.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vicky Geometric in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen