Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Vicky Geometric in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

trev

if i put the ones at both ends the same it would look very odd and off centre (which is what it would be) look at the number of diamonds left and the number right, they are the same, then we have the centre. if i matched it with the length at the top it would not be centre on its own line. once the client has the gate fitted i'm pretty sure EVERYONE who passes or visits would say 'that diamond is not centre':wazzzup:

H

Highlander

Can you tell me when it starts? How Long is it? How Much? Please because I am in Scotland in early January and if it works out well with dates i could call in on the way back down from Dornoch to do it. Thanks

Kev

Hey Kev what u doing in Dornoch its only 11 miles from me.

Gary

S

Spud

with regard to the overlapping red diamond closing in the centre i look at these geomatric floors all the time and the original ones dont seem to have this , extra border strips can be used to gain the module size to enable the full diamond and reduce the perimeter black cut to the outside edges if you are interseted in this type of work check out "the victorian society " they are based in chiswick in london and have guides for the restoration of these types of floors

T

TilingLogistics

Hey Kev what u doing in Dornoch its only 11 miles from me.

Gary

Every year for New Year we go away with a group of friends. Whoever's turn it was to choose the location this year chose Dornoch. Simple eh! I'll call in for a wee dram if your around:thumbsup:

Kev

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
yes saltire,edinburgh are in the process of setting up a victorian flooring course,i asked for january and they said this would be fine,ill get back to you with dates prices etc once i find out more soon,,cheers guys:thumbsup:

G

GazTech

Here is my vestibule floor tiled by our ancestors and gods of the encaustic geometric floating floor.
gaztech-albums-various-picture1196-my-vestibule-1865.jpg

As you can see...beautiful...but on closer inspection, this chap finished on a Friday dinner...and lost interest in the final detail.
gaztech-albums-various-picture1197-corner-detail-oops.jpg

I would like to see anyone elses geometric work please, trev thanks for being proud of what you are doing....Gaz

P

pjtiler

pj & sir. everything is square and the border is symetrical. the pic does not look its best crunched down so much with this pattern and colour. however, the client was very happy and i had numerous passers by comment and ask for my card. working outside for all to see can be very daunting so has to be right.:thumbsup:

Thanks
im not slagging your work mate
but as a photographer your sh!te

Reply to Vicky Geometric in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks