Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Use of laser level in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lasors

Hello all,

This may be a silly question but, if I use a laser level to give a starting level on a wall, can I just apply adhesive and then position the tile on the level and expect it to stay there on the wall without batten support? Tiles are 400x300 with Keraflex adhesive.

Finding a perfectly straight piece of timber I find to be impossible, and I don't believe my spirit level is accurate enough to tile all the way around a bathroom. I'm therefore considering purchasing a laser if it really will make things that much easier, even if it won't get used that much.

What's the trick here?

Thanks again

W

White Room

I use a laser for a datum, ali screed rules for heavy tiles and old levels for smaller tiles and mosaic diddly.

M

Mr Tiler

and keep it clean this time! lol... that's how I would do it set out find out the cut along the bottom and draw a level line around the room with a level... then tile to that line and as long as the first row is completely level your good to go lol.

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
For tile battens I go to B&Q, buy a sheet of 18mm MDF (2.4m x 1.2m) and get them to cut it into strips of about 65mm, gives you a nice straight piece of timber to tile off :thumbsup:

L

lasors

For tile battens I go to B&Q, buy a sheet of 18mm MDF (2.4m x 1.2m) and get them to cut it into strips of about 65mm, gives you a nice straight piece of timber to tile off :thumbsup:

I've done this, with 18mm ply. Working a treat so far, did one wall today and it was level all the way up! First time using cementitious adhesive as well. Used mapei P9, quite easy to use and I like the fact it has a long working time, means I can pootle along at my own pace.

Thanks for the tips.

Reply to Use of laser level in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks